Furniture designed for you
Ben Ostrander designs studio furniture to fit your style, how you will use the furniture, and the décor of the room. The result is a unique design that is durable and attractive. Ben works with his clients throughout the design and construction of a piece to fine-tune its shape, dimensions, details, and finish. He is skilled in designing furniture for ergonomics and for people with special needs.
A commissioned piece typically takes three to six months to create.
For example prices, see Pricing.
Each piece is designed and built by Ben Ostrander in four phases:
- First meeting. Ben meets with you in your home or office to understand how the piece will fit your space, your design style, and your size.
- Initial design concept. Ben creates sketches to match your design goals and details.
- Revised design concept. Following your feedback, the initial design concept is refined.
- Detailed drawings and quote. Ben prepares detailed drawings—to guide the building process—and a quote for your approval.
- Design approval and first deposit. To begin the construction process, please forward a signed copy of the quote and a deposit of one-third of the fee .
- Reviews. You are periodically invited to review the progress of your piece and discuss refinements.
- Assembly. You are invited to view your piece when it is assembled.
- Second payment: A second payment of one-third of the fee is due at the assembly viewing.
- Finishing. Ben puts the finishing touches your piece.
- Final payment and delivery. The final payment of the amount remaining is due before pickup or delivery.
To discuss your next custom designed furniture, phone Ben.